Make a ReservationGet Started
Already have a Reservation?
The Island of Providenciales
In the Turks and Caicos Islands
Just beyond the Bahamas lies a string of islands known to a select few adventurers and a handful of savvy investors. The locals call it Provo, but you'll call it Paradise!
The Turks and Caicos Islands, especially Provo, is one of the fastest growing vacation destinations in the Caribbean. Turks and Caicos beaches are among the most beautiful and uncrowded anywhere in the world. Turks and Caicos Islands crystal clear turquoise waters lined with a 12 mile stretch of powder white sand on Grace Bay is a vacationers dream come true.
Providenciales also boasts some of the best scuba diving in the world and our top-ranked Provo Golf Club provides an invigorating challenge to avid golfers.
Turks and Caicos Islands offer glorious sailing, exciting deep-sea and bonefishing, a wonderfully relaxed lifestyle with an array of evening activities including fabulous restaurants and intimate and friendly bars to make your night complete.
Visitors to the Turks and Caicos Islands will enjoy unspoiled wilderness and native flora and fauna in 33 areas set aside as National Park Nature Reserves, sanctuaries, and areas of historical interest.
With an average year-round temperature of 83F and an annual rainfall of about 35 inches, visitors can be sure they will not be rained out. The almost-constant easterly trade winds temper the heat and keep life comfortable and windsurfing and parasailing popular.
Travel Facts and Car Rental Facts:
- Airport Departure Tax is US $30.00. It is usually included in the fare on your airline ticket.
- Electricity is suitable for all US appliances (110 volts, 60 cycles).
- Telcommunications include worldwide direct dialing, internet, telex, and facsimile services.
- Multi-channel satellite television is received from the US and Canada.
- The local media consists of a private television station, local radio station, two bi-weekly newspapers, and several magazines.
- The Turks and Caicos Islands are located in the Eastern Standard Time Zone.
- The principal language is English.
- Most visitors are required to carry a passport. Visitors from North America may enter without a passport if they have a birth certificate and one piece of identification bearing a photograph (Be sure to verify this with authorities before you travel). A valid onward or return ticket is also required. Check your airline for luggage restrictions
- Visitors may bring in duty-free for their own use one carton of cigarettes or cigars, one bottle of liquor or wine, and some perfume.
- A valid driver's license from a visitor's normal place of residence is suitable when renting vehicles.
- A government tax of 12% of the rental rate (excluding options) is levied on all hired cars. Insurance is extra.
- You must be 25 years of age in order to rent a vehicle.
- Driving is on the left-hand side of the road
- All vehicles must be rented with a major credit card. No cash or check deposits. Mastercard and Visa are accepted
- Renters pay for gasoline consumed during the rental.
- Administrative sanctions resulting from traffic violations during the rental period are at renters expense
- Please report accidents immediately to Rental Agency and the Police. Do not leave the scene of an accident.